One of the databases at the Centre for Economic Demography
The Swedish Interdisciplinary Panel is a database that enables research using a life cycle perspective. It also contains data that lets a researcher look at the process of integration. It has been used to produce several articles such as articles on the effect of fathers repeat migration on childrens school results.
Recent articles based on SIP:
- Father's Repeat Migration and Children's Educational Performance
- Intergenerational Transmision of Human Capital: Is It a One-Way Street?
- The effect of birth weight on hospitalizations and sickness absence: a longitudinal study of Swedish siblings
- Smoking and early retirement due to chronic disability
- Stock Market Returns and Consumption
- Learning to Take Risks: The Effect of Education on Risk-Taking in Financial Markets
Researchers at Lund University can apply for access to SIP if they are affiliated with the Centre for Economic Demography. Requests for data or further information regarding the application process can be sent to Finn Hedefalk at the Centre for Economic Demography.
In all papers, articles, presentations etc. where the data is used it should be cited in the following way:
“The data used in this paper comes from the Swedish Interdisciplinary Panel approved by the Regional Ethics Committee in Lund (2012/03)”